Monday, July 28, 2008

“Courage, above all things, is the first quality of a warrior.”

-Karl von Clausewitz-

I created the below collages of my boys and all the things that are beautiful to me about them (of course there are so many I cannot count every one). I chose to include photos of their scars from surgeries, probe burns, broviac lines and one even of Jonah's shunt because they are marks of courage. These little men are true warriors and I know we all have much to learn from them, they may not be able to speak but their ability to smile every day, although they have experienced the most terrifying of obstacles despite their young age, teaches us what it means to truly be courageous. I hope you'll enjoy looking at these as much as I did putting them together. It reminds me of what is important and what the true meaning of beauty really is.

1 comment:

kristi said...

Seeing your collages reminded me of the Visiting Teaching Message for this month. Look at your boys and remember that we are created in the image of God. There is a reason why your children are so beautiful: because they were created in the image of God and his begotten Son, Jesus Christ. I ponder the depth of the love our Heavenly Father has for us as I study this. Our Heavenly Father wants us to have all that he has, so we were given bodies like his so that we can begin to accomplish those things that will allow us to become like Him. When I see sweet children, I always remember their Heavenly heiritage, despite how nice looking their parents are. And those thoughts remind me of the Sunday School lesson last week, that all things testify of Christ, especially children, in my opinion.

Happy Monday! As always, it was nice to see you at church yesterday.