Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Tomorrow we head to Madera to meet with the GI Clinic as well as the boys' feeding therapist. I assume they will be happy that the boys are continuing to gain weight. I still wish that Noah was gaining more steadily as well as his length, etc. Hopefully they will be happy with what he has gained but I plan to ask specifically about his length.

We meet with their feeding therapist tomorrow and of course, our number one topic will be that the boys still aren't tolerating texture very well. Also, Jonah is fighting us on switching to a sippy cup. Change is definitely hard for him.

Today was interesting. We met with Jonah's orthotist. It seems that after consulting with the manufacturer of Jonah's helmet the conclusion was made that his head has changed as much as it possibly can. We were talking of doing a second helmet as we pretty much have gotten as much use possible out of his current one. Unfortunately the manufacturer said that even with a new helmet and another few months the difference would be so small it would not be worth our time. With Jonah now being 15 months old (adjusted age 11 months) his sutures are closing and change will be difficult. While I know Jonah's neurosurgeon mentioned last month he has not seen much change come from helmets I still hoped to prove him wrong.

So it was a bittersweet morning. I am glad that Jonah won't have to wear the darn thing anymore as it really has been hard on him. I am glad that we won't have one more appointment to try and juggle but I think I felt more disappointment this morning. I really wanted Jonah to have every opportunity to reshape his head. I am glad to say that there has been some change and his head is better. I think with a full head of hair (which hopefully will grow in better now that he does not have the helmet) things will turn out just fine.

So, this is the latest at the Hanna home. We'll post soon and let you know how things go in Madera.

No comments: