Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Boy, does this sound familiar (I think of Noah and he is not even two yet, I had to laugh at the ADD/ADHD worry.....don't all kids at this age go through this or is is just me?):

Question: We're having discipline problems with our two-and-a-half-year-old daughter. When she doesn't get what she wants she throws herself on the floor. She is a sweet, happy little girl as long as we don't tell her "No." I don't know what to do with her. I believe she is ADD/ADHD but I won't put her on medicine this young. Please tell me what I should be enforcing and what I should ignore.

Answer: My guess is that you're experiencing the typical, often frequent tantrum-like behavior of a toddler. At this particular age and stage of development, your daughter is feeling more of a need to assert her own will and independence........

Boy, is that an understatement! This is full on out war!!! Prepare the troops. Moms at the ready...here comes thrashing, throwing of everything in reach and wailing at unthinkable high pitches with great ability for extreme volume.

Let the battle begin....

1 comment:

Amanda said...

It's not just you. Hunter at 13 months cries and throws himself on the floor (in a manner that will sometimes cause injury if we aren't right there) every time I tell him no. No, Hunter you can't put things in the toilet. No, Hunter you can't run around the house with a pen in your hand.