Sunday, October 21, 2007

A few positive notes

"When I dare to be powerful - to use my strength in service of my vision, then it becomes less and less important whether I am afraid." Audre Lorde

Earlier today I forgot to mention a few positive things that have happened! Plus my Mom mentioned when I felt it was appropriate I should share some of the things that Shane says when he gives the boys priesthood blessings.

First, Jonah opened his eyes last night! We got to be the first to see it so that was really sweet. The nurse said early this morning that he had been peeking at them every time they reached in to do a procedure.

Second, Shane gave Noah a heart felt father's blessing last night. He blessed his lungs to improve and blessed him that he would someday serve an honorable full time mission. That is our prayer right now to Heavenly Father, please preserve both boys and all their abilities so that we can raise them righteously to serve full time missions and accomplish everything that the Lord has in store for them.

I am so grateful for the priesthood, already Shane has had the opportunity to bless his boys several times and I am sure that this will continue during the upcoming months. I also pray over my boys, almost every time that I cradle their tiny heads in my hands. I know God hears a Mother's prayer.

Also, the nurses told Shane earlier this evening that Noah's x-ray is showing that what they are doing for his right lung is working. They are actually in the process of collapsing his right lung so it can heal from the emphysema that is developing. We pray that he will tolerate this positioning well and that the increase in oxygen to compensate will not affect his left lung.

I wanted to share these thoughts with you as they have come to me in just the past couple of hours. We are off to the NICU again to visit our boys.

Love, Shane and Michelle

No comments: