Saturday, June 13, 2009

Just a quick posting.

We heard from Blind Babies Friday. I have been trying to get Jonah a light box ever since we stopped working with Junior League. She said she did have one she could loan us. Yeah!! I read about a great idea to make transparencies out of Jonah's favorite stories and then read them to him with the light box so he can see the images. What a great idea! I am supposed to talk with my contact Monday about suggestions she has for Jonah. She sent me a short email last night, most things we are already doing which is both good and bad. Good because it is nice to know we are doing helpful things for Jonah but also frustrating because I want new ideas, new goals to help Jonah make progress. Maybe our conversation Monday will shed more light.

For now, we just have to do our best and move on with life. We will do all in our power and put the rest in God's hands. That is all we can do as parents. Some times I wish I had a crystal ball and I could just know that our future would work out and that these hardships would make sense to us in the end. I am sure down the road they will but often that does not help me with today. Thank goodness I have a knowledge of God and his love for my family. I am also grateful for the Plan of Salvation and the knowledge it gives me that every creature has a purpose here on earth, no matter their imperfections or challenges.

No comments: