Friday, August 22, 2008

Thanks to Shane for his sweet posting. He is too generous as he himself has sacrificed just as much as I and some days he carries a greater load as he works all day and comes home to help all night. He has done everything in his power to relieve me and try to make sure I keep my sanity. So, to Shane...we love you for all you do for us every day.

Just a quick posting. Noah's appointment to Fresno on Tuesday was half helpful. The OT we met with really did not address Noah's bottle aversion. She assessed his ability to tolerate/eat solid foods and determined (to no surprise) that he is perfectly capable of eating solids. She did ask we starting using the NUK brush to brush his gums/tongue to stimulate his tongue to help with forming boluses, etc.

I appreciated this information but all she said about his bottle feeding (I fed him in front of her and of course he took a few sips and then started trying to climb out of my arms and push the bottle away) was, "oh he is bored, time to start solids." What??? He still has to take liquids and from his bottle! She told me that if he didn't eat that much to "not take it personally." Huh?

Oio. So I thought it was a half helpful appointment but not what I was looking for.

This week has been nuts, kind of a long, difficult week for me. I am grateful for good friends who have stepped in and supported me this week. My good friend from church has been over a couple of times this week to check on me and stayed last night to help with dishes, etc. Her company was life saving as I have really been struggling this week.

I'm looking forward to brighter days ahead and grateful for the progress my boys are making. We still have a ways to go but we pray for the best with both Noah and Jonah.

Jonah was a bit grumpy with his PT this morning but liked his vision therapy this afternoon. He is so funny! I feel badly as this week has been so topsy turvy I haven't been able to work out with him much.

We did start Noah on solids. He is now trying out green beans as the dietician from the GI Clinic encouraged us to start with "greens" first as babies aren't likely to take them if you start with fruits, etc.

Grandpa and Grandma Langston as well as Aunt Valerie are all coming down this weekend. They will drive down from Los Angeles Sunday morning for the boys' blessing. We will miss Grandpa and Grandma Hanna but we know they did everything they could to try and come and they will be with us in spirit. =)

Thank you everyone for supporting us and keeping up on the boys. Keep voting on our poll!

1 comment:

Sunshine Promises said...

I am glad your family will be in town this week. I wish I could be there to help ease your load. I remember a few months ago when I was going through a depression-like period while in isolation with 3 kids in grad school housing. My mother commented to me that the mind and spirit can only cope for so long before it starts taking its toll. So for those of us that have been "blessed" (ha ha) to have prolonged periods of stressful situations, it is common and - actually - quite expected to have low periods.

I will keep you in my prayers, dear friend and hope you are able to feel "light" soon.

Love you!